Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What's this??? Chris is alive and posting on his blog??? *Gasp* It can't be true! :-P

Was up on the sunshine coast for the christmas/new year week and spent most of my time playing network games with my bro and bro in law, so didn't get around to doing any blogging. Then i got back to brisvegas and "upgraded" my computer with my bro-in-law's old stuff... and it didn't work. Replaced various things and eventually got it working again, with all my old gear back in and his "better" stuff sitting back in it's box. I finally got it working again about a week ago and didn't get around to blogging until today! And that's mainly cos something cool happened today :-)

To Set the Scene: ... 'twas a dreary sort of day and Chris was having a somewhat one-sided conversation with his closest and most trusted friend, a fellow who is a little hairier than most, and generally very taciturn in nature. Today was no exception, so as Chris spoke, Nachmanke listened carefully, and with a knowing look, continued to look him in the eye while saying nothing.

There's sort of two bit of info important about today:
1: My relationship with God has been a struggle over the last month or two, just have felt very empty and very flat a lot of the time. He's seemed a long way away, and I hadn't been doing very much to get closer.

2: There's been a big restructure at work, my job has changed and yesterday (monday) i took over running the warehouse and a few other things. This means I have a lot of new things to learn, and need to keep things happening while i'm learning how to do the things I'm supposed to be keeping running...

This has made for a very stressful previous two days, and today about 10ish or so I could feel the stress really building up, and I just said a quick prayer something along the lines of, "God I know I haven't really been following you much lately, and I'm sorry, I need you, please help me through this."
A minute or two later my phone yells at me that i've received a message, and it's from a friend I haven't spoken to in a few years (I sent her a happy christmas sms on impulse but got no reply). Apologised for not replying earlier as she had no credit and how was my holidays and my job?
I sms'd back briefly about holidays and how work was stressful at the moment, to which she replied she'd be praying for me.

I put the phone away and thought that was nice, getting a message kinda random, then it clicked and I remembered the prayer. It had taken my mind off the stress, and seeing such a quick and really cool answer to prayer was a really good feeling. Knowing that God's still there, and still looks after me even when our relationship isn't where it should be. That really made my day and was something I felt that I needed to share.

Sorry it's been so long between blogs.

God bless,

Chris ( & the ever taciturn, Nachmanke)

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger SuperTiph said...

One thing I've learned over the last couple of weeks is that God is always answering our prayers, and He's so much closer than we think. Even if you haven't been walking closely with Him, He loves you anyway. When you're all alone in a big strange country, that is the greatest source of comfort ever.

Hope things are looking up for you and you settle into your new responsibilities quickly and that you love them. I'll be praying for you mate.

Long Island says, 'hi!'

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Ponyb said...

it's an amazing when you realise or take time to think about the fact that even when we may sometimes have no or very limited time for God, he's always got time for us. in a sense, he sets out his plans around us, taking us into account for all things. i find that absolutely awesome, that like Tiph said, he's much closer than we think. if we're having a bit of a slack period and being neglectful of our relationship with the Lord for whatever reason, whenever we do come and pray sincerely, he's already in the process of meeting our needs. even before we come back to his arms, he's providing for us.

God rules. i love God!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=9]Pezda[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=9]Load PowerProducer [/url][/color][/size]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home