Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Had a really fun day today! At BES, my admin, pretend-to-be-a-grown-up job, we're doing a big roll-out of the new lenovo laptops to a big client of ours, and they decided to use me as one of the trainers because of my IT background and good people skills. It means that they're trusting me to be one of the faces of the company to a lot of our important clients, which is pretty encouraging for me and means they have a lot of faith in me, which is cool. :-)
Also it means I get to spend a fair bit of time over the next month or so teaching people how to use their new laptops and getting them familiar with the changes instead of sitting in front of a computer for most of the day. Which is a huge positive in my books! I tend to get tired when I have to do all-day computer work, whereas today, when I spent a bit of time looking at the screen doing stuff but mostly moving around talking to people I have heaps of energy left. Even though it's still in front of a computer, it's not staring at a screen for hours on end doing things, it's more talking to the client, explaining and showing things.
And they have fingerprint readers too, which is cool! After you've set it up instead of having a username and password to log in to stuff, you just swipe your finger and you're in!

Also I finally got around to booking myself a driving lesson. Saturday morning I'll be hopping into the driving seat of a car for the first time in probably about 5 years! Tremble in fear Brisbane!

12 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Ponyb said...

finger print readers?! oh man that is so cool! think of the possibilities......*blank look realising he cant come up with any*

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger two salty said...

those laptops sound cool... but more importantly - a DRIVING LESSON!! Has the world started spinning backwards and i just didn't notice :)

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I WANNA FINGERPRINT READER!!
I dont think I'll ever be able to drive... not that I'm not going to! But I dont think I can remember that much stuff. Me and my memory. sigh. But I STILL WANNA FINGERPRINT READER!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger SuperTiph said...

Our stock room door jams a lot when you try and put the code into it to get inside. Josh always has a whinge about it and he said, "Why don't we just have fingerprinting or a retinal scanner?" I personally thing a saliva sampling thing would be cool.

Hope you had fun driving in the rain today Chris. My first driving lesson with my second driving instructor, and my first driving test were in the rain. You'll be fine.

Level 4

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Nachmanke (chris' teddy) said...

I think a saliva sampling thing would be cool only if you had to lick something that tasted really good. Maybe a vegemite piece of toast. you licked it, stuck it in the reader, then got to eat the piece of toast after. But then you'd have to make sure it made the vegemite toast the right way. Some people make it wonderfully and some just make it bad.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Mmmm... a machine which dispensed vegemite toast... now *that* is cool...

Wow... chris has started driving... the world is changing, moving, revolving faster or something. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, haven't times changed.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Ponyb said...

doo dooby doo, time for an update, nachmanke! break free from the chains chris has shackled to you! break free, and run forth to the realm of jekes! jeeeeeeekkkkesssssss!!!!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger SuperTiph said...

Camp stories Chris, we want camp stories. Actually, what we really want is nachos, but we'll settle for camp stories.

Level 4

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, I decided to get a blog again, I don't know why but I did, Friday's have been boring without one80.

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my blog is onlythanman.blogspot.com

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Ponyb said...

chrissy!!!!!!! why are you sleeping?!?!?!?!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger two salty said...

hey! how are you going with the driving lessons? i bought a car last week so i thought i might head to bris this weekend! what you doing on sat? - note this is a *i just updated my blog after a really long time so you should to* hint

 

Post a Comment

<< Home