Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I had to buy a new umbrella today. My old one is so munted now that it's almost unusable as an umbrella. Last week one of the spines on it was broken so it kinda sagged a bit. A few days ago another of the spines right next to the broken one succumbed to the peer pressure of the evil snapped bit of wire and stopped working also. So now it's about half sag and half umbrella, but it doesn't even go all the way up anymore.

So I dropped into the cheapy little $2 store in garden city and got myself an $8 umbrella that will probably break after about 17.843 uses. But! It's bigger than my old one which means:
A) it now won't fit in my bag so I can't just let it live in there in case of random rain.
and B) It might actually keep more than just my head dry when it does rain.

Maybe I'll get another one to leave in my bag for the random rain... hmm, see how I feel next time i'm near an umbrella shop.

I wonder if I'm an impulse purchaser... People who know me, let me know! Do I impulse buy a lot?

ooh, and the boss is probably going to put me on permanent part-time in October, which means my pay rate goes down a little, but I get sick days and annual leave! Woohoo!

12 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Nachmanke (chris' teddy) said...

shush you :-P

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Gloz said...

it's alright, i have 2 umbrellas, i bought the 2nd one not becoz my first one is broken, coz the 2nd one is the color i like so i bought it...well, talking about impulse purchaser? i think i am one

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Nachmanke (chris' teddy) said...

Good to hear :-) I think I've decided to get myself another one for my bag. Maybe I'll see if I can get one in a cool colour! all of my umbrellas previously have been the same old boring black...

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the times on these comments accurate? Cause I'm a bit worried about the time y'all are blogging. Is it only a wee sma's thing?

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup must be. It's really 11pm at the moment and I'm heading for bed. But it says 6 am. American time?

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger two salty said...

chris just needs to change his timezone...and i'm all for the impulse buying :)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

hi chris,
have you ever considered a poncho? for random rain, they are small and fit in bags real good, they also cover all of you! but they sorta look dorky! oh well...
Jess bought me a really kool umbrella, it looks like a sun! it fits me and ryans head under it. but its really small so most of the time we get wet shoulders and school bags.
nice blog, but you should let nachmanke write something he wants to... maybe he could tell us a kool story?
cheery-o
Lesley

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger SuperTiph said...

I got a cool nanny umbrella from the same place Jess got Lesley's umbrella from. Mine has stars. I like it.

Level 3

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Ponyb said...

i dont have an umbrella. i like walking in the rain.

true story.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Nachmanke (chris' teddy) said...

I love walking in the rain under an umbrella. Usually it's raining when I'm walking to work, or from one job to the next and I don't really want to get soaking wet. It's a really cool feeling when it's bucketing down all around you and you're in this tiny little cocoon of dryness, and you can see all the rain pelting down right beside you.
To be honest it makes me feel kinda giggly and like I'm on an adventure

It rained a bit tonight on my way to the Israel night at church, so I got to use my umbrella. Was only light rain though so not very exciting.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I LOVE WALKING WITHOUT AN UNBRELLA! (woops haha im a dork i mean umbrella)

For a sudden i thought it was an n.
Anyway i have a few umbrella stories but im too tired to tell them. How come they ripped you off and sold you something for 8 bucks at a two dollar store? TWO DOLLARS I SAY!
Ponchos are cool.
Im an impulse purchaser. I went to my old primary school fete the other day and i got really tempted to buy this plastic watch that didnt even work. Like the whole thing was made of plastic. But it was AWESOME!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger two salty said...

oi- you were a big no show on sunday - very slack. also slack is the fact that it has taken me until tuesday to comment about it...but i have been very busy with angel :) ahhhhhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home